Comparing Agest, Mercer, Comsuper, PSSAP, GESB, AustSafe, VicSuper, Super SA, NGS, Health Super
AGEST Super is an industry super fund with membership predominantly from the Commonwealth, Northern Territory and ACT Governments. We get many enquiries from clients who have AGEST superannuation and consider switching t, Mercer, Comsuper, PSSAP, GESB, AustSafe, VicSuper, Super SA, NGS, Health Insutry Plan Super. AGEST Super has 130,000 members, 17,000 employers and $4.3 billion in members' assets.
AGEST website says their fees are "amongst the lowest in the industry":
- admin fees $6.50 per month (or $78 per year)
- acount fees 0.05% of your account balance (up to a maximum of $250 per annum)
- variable investment management fees (in 2010/2011 were up to 0.77%)
- Member Protection costs on small balances (in 2010/2011 were 0.04%)
- No entry or exit fees, transfer-in fees, investment switching fees, buy / sell spreads on our unit prices, contribution based fees.
Based on this summary that are cheap but not the cheapest. We already covered Sunsuper, CBUS, MTAA, NGS, UniSuper, HESTA, HOSTPLUS, AUSCOAL, AustralianSuper, Care, First State Super in an earlier post.
Below are more superannuation comparisons with AGEST (Source: ratemysuper.com.au):
- AGEST vs GESB vs AustSafe
- AGEST vs Mercer vs CSCPSS (pasap comsuper)
- AGEST vs NGS vs Health Industry Plan Super
- AGEST vs VicSuper vs SuperSA
Please, note that costs are not the most important factor when choosing a superannuation provider. In the last 5 years in AGEST Balanced option you would have paid plenty of fees (do the math) and made 1.96% annual returns.
You could have got 6% in cash making it over 30% in 5 years compounding interest using your SMSF. To get financial advice on superannuation and retirement planning make a FREE financial consultation today.